Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's Time!!!

Hello all! I know it's been a long time since my last post. There has been a lot of praying, waiting, going a little insane, waiting some more, praying some more and now.... the time has come. AT has been offered a job!!!! To say this has been an intense 5 months in New Orleans would be an understatement. We knew coming here would have its challenges but we never thought it would be anything like this. If I'm honest with you guys I thought this would be a walk in the park since we were following God. I thought everything would be just like home except me taking classes in the process. Well as you know that isn't the way God wanted things to happen. Looking back I am happy it didn't happen the way I had planned. We have learned so much during our time here and I know if we had come to New Orleans with everything figured out, we would have missed out on some wonderful blessings. We have gotten to know some awesome people and have been the recipients of generous offerings provided from others. I believe because of our obedience God decided it was time for the blessing he had promised us. Since day one AT knew God told him he would continue to be in medical sales. It was a tough journey but God's promise has been fulfilled. We will be moving to Tallahassee so AT can be a Territory Manager with Medtronic, a medical device sales company. I know many of you are saying "wow they just moved and now they are moving again?" In the beginning of the interview process I felt the same way. In a previous post I spoke about God's timing. God has shown AT and I in a variety of ways that this move is a "God thing" and it is time for us to move ahead in our journey. As the name of our blog states, this is our Faith Journey and we are going to step out and move whenever God says so. Looking back on the past year proves to me that nothing is too big for my God! God called us to New Orleans and we were obedient. Now he is saying to move to Tallahassee and we are going to be obedient in this as well. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in Tallahassee. I am praying some collegiate ministry opportunities open up for me there (if God wants me to do collegiate ministry in this season). I will continue taking classes at an extension center of NOBTS and continue to bring glory to God in everything I do.

God has truly been working in us during these past months and I can honestly say I've learned and grown more than I though imaginable during our time in New Orleans. The community and fellowship at NOBTS is amazing and we will definitely miss it. But God has us on this faith journey and we have to follow wherever he leads us!

I pray that whoever is reading this understands God is working in your lives as well. AT and I are not anything special. We have chosen to follow God's plan for our lives and you can too. God's promises for your life will not return null and void. Choose to follow God today! I'll tell you every step is not going to be easy but you will have a joy and peace that no man can take away.

In Christ,
Alissa

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

3 comments:

  1. May God bless you both on your journey. New Orleans' loss is Tallahassee's gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you 5. I hoped to visit NOLA, now I can't wait to visit Tallahassee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alissa,

    You and A.T. will be missed greatly! I will continue to pray for you both as Christ continues to dwell in your hearts richly. Tina and I have walked that path for years, and we continue to do so with only a couple of steps of vision ahead of us to guide and direct us. He told us it would be this way. So happy for you both and much love from the Kuykendall household!!!
    Ross

    ReplyDelete